Abstracts for Scientific Programme
The Scientific Committee has developed a checklist for abstract preparation with the objective of assisting prospective programme participants in preparing the best possible abstract for submission. All abstracts are considered equally for acceptance and the quality of the abstract is the single most important factor in the committee’s decision. Please follow the checklist to assist you.
CHECKLIST FOR ABSTRACT CONTENT
1. The last ratified AIOS membership number @ AIOC 2021 Virtual is 24773
2. Is the title descriptive of the abstract? Does the title avoid gratuitous statements and irrelevant information?
3. Studies barely under way or in which the outcome may be inconclusive should not be submitted.
4. Scientific abstracts will be evaluated without the knowledge of the name or affiliation of the author. Thus, identifying phrases within the title and abstract itself are not allowed and will result in automatic disqualification of the abstract without evaluation.
5. Does the abstract contain a concise statement which can be evaluated by an impartial observer, covering the following:
- Why did you do the study?
- What did you do?
- What did you find?
- What does it mean?
6. Abstracts with statements such as, will be done, is underway, will be analyzed will be discussed or No data / Insufficient data – to prove the results, wrong methodology and data acquisition, period of study not given, not enough subjects to draw the conclusion cannot be accepted.
7. Proof read your abstract? Conciseness, clarity, and care in the preparation of your abstract are important considerations in the Scientific Committee’s deliberations. Misspellings and typographical errors do a disservice to your scientific work. If accepted, your abstract will appear exactly as typed.
8. Is your abstract within the character limit?
Before you Submit any Abstract for FP / Video / Physical Poster :
- Be Sure that you and all your Co Authors are members of AIOS
- Changing the Authorship is not permitted.
- Be Sure that at least the Presenting Author will be attending the Conference- since changing the Authorship / Non Attendance by the Presenting Author jeopardises the entire session / Program , Deprive others from presentation, Also please remember that only 15 – 20 % of submissions finally get accepted (Scientific Committee had to deal with over 527 changes / Alteration / Absentees in the Scientific Program after the Program went for Printing)
- Governing Council / Scientific Committee / Managing Committee takes absentism very seriously – Names of Absentees get published in AIOS News and they are not allowed to take part in any capacity in the next conference. Changes / Absence is not taken lightly unless there is medical emergency ( Supported by adequate documents ).
|In view of frequent absentees and lot of changes in the scientific program at the last moment (When it becomes very difficult to find a replacement speaker), the following changes were proposed and accepted in the time schedule with respect to scientific program:
- The member should communicate to Chairman Scientific committee regarding any changes, with name and details of alternate speaker, at least 2 Months prior to the date of commencement of the annual Conference – otherwise No changes can be made in the Program Book ( Since Printing takes 1 month time and courier takes another 1 month )
- If members communicate ( with name and details of alternate speaker ) within 1 month prior to commencement of conference – Changes can be made ONLY in Ready Reckoner / Website
- Changes received within one month prior to the commencement of the conference shall not be accepted.
- Any speaker delivering a topic whose name is not in the scientific program of the session: No Podium Presence in Next conference.