GUIDELINES FOR E-POSTERS
E POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR AIOC OPENS ON 1st APRIL AND CLOSES ON 31st MAY
E-Posters are accepted in any of the following specialties
- Community / Social Ophthalmology
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Diabetic Retinopathy and Medical Retina
- External Disease
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Ocular Pathology , Ocular Oncology and Tumors
- Optics / Refraction / Contact Lens
- Orbit & Oculoplasty
- Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo Retinal Diseases
* The Scientific Committee has started accepting abstracts for “Ocular Oncology & Tumors” for AIOC 2019 (Refer specialty no.10 above)
* Owing to very poor response, the below two sections have been removed
- – Inflammation
- – Ophthalmic Education, Epidemiology & Prevention of Blindness
Further, subject of “Inflammation” is not “Subject-Specific” & Ophthalmic Education, Epidemiology & Prevention of Blindness can be covered under Community / Social Ophthalmology or Comprehensive Ophthalmology
An E-Poster is an electronic version of the traditional boards, and is displayed on the e-poster and video kiosks. E-Poster may include text, figures, tables and images but NO video/animations.
1. The author will have an option to convey his/her preference between e-poster or physical poster while submitting the abstract.
2. Abstracts are to be submitted online only. No abstracts shall be accepted as a email, Fax, Hard copies etc.
3. Scientific E-Posters, in general, have the following characteristics:
- Are presented by individuals rather than by organizations.
- Present scientific material, usually new information
- Do not solicit members, or promote an organization
4. Each Presenting Author can submit two E-Posters out of which two can get selected based on the evaluation process &scores.
5. There can be a maximum of 4 authors in an E-Poster(including the chief author).
6. All authors should be members of AIOS (Either ratified or non-ratified).
7. Non-ophthalmic co-authors can be included (if relevant) & they can be non–members. However, atleast one author should be a ratified member of AIOS.
8. Ophthalmic authors who are non-members of AIOS should become a member of AIOS to be an author of the e-poster. Visit www.aios.org to become a member.
9. To include non-ophthalmic authors, who are non-members of AIOS, please write to email@example.com (with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org ) along with details of the course, name of the author, his/her complete address, valid email id and mobile number
10. Institution / hospital affiliation and doctor’s name in the title or abstract should not be mentioned and will lead to automatic rejection.
How many authors an E-Poster can have?
1. An E-Poster can have one presenting author and upto 3 co-authors. (4 authors in total)
2. One of the above 4 authors can be the presenting author of the E-Poster.
3. Atleast one of the 4 authors should be a ratified member of AIOS.
Only the title and the authors name will be printed in the abstract book.
The title of the E – Poster SHOULD NOT exceed 100 characters (including spaces).
The Synopsis SHOULD NOT exceed 1000 characters (including spaces).
Add Presenting Author
Atleast one presenting author should be added. The chief author himself / herself can be a presenting author. The presenting author should be a member of AIOS
A maximum of three co-authors can be added. If there are no co-authors, add the chief / presenting author itself as a co-author. All co-authors should be a member of AIOS.
Declaration to be provided:
The following points has to be declared while submitted the abstract
1. Whether the research has been carried out in india. Was this research carried out in India ?
2. Was this submission been presented in any other conference earlier.
3. Would this submission be presented in any other conferences prior to the upcoming annual conference of AIOS.
4. Has this submission won any National / International Award.
5. Was this submission published or submitted for publication in any peer reviewed journal.
6. Does this paper pertain to Laboratory research ( Translational research ).
Uploading / Submission of E-Posters
A link to upload selected E-Posters will be made available and the same will also be uploaded in the website.
Last date for submission of e-posters is 15th October. E-posters submitted after the last date shall be automatically rejected.
Presentations for E-Posters
E-Posters should consist of a maximum of 12 Microsoft Power point slides, including title slide and offering information on the following topics:
2. Material and Methods
5. Use Time New Roman or Arial fonts.
6. Use the first slide to show the title of the E-Poster and the authors information.
7. Font should be no smaller than 18 points.
8. Maximum of 120 words on each slide.
9. Use a plain background without patterns or dark colours.
10. Use clear headings and leave spaces between sections.
11. Pictures and graphics should be clearly labelled and described.
12. Pictures and graphics should be of good quality.
13. Text should not be obscured by images.
14. Remember that simpler posters are always more attractive and easier to read.
15. Do not fit too much information on one slide.
16. Correct spelling and punctuation make your poster more attractive and informative.
17. E-Posters should contain no video clips/animation files.
18. The file should be not more than 5 MB (more than this size, it will be rejected automatically).
Selection and presentation
1. All the Submitted E-Posters will be subjected to an evaluation Process.
2. Based on the scores, the best e-poster of each section will be prominently displayed in the e-poster terminal.
3. The authors of E-Posters need not be physically present at the E-Poster / Video display terminal
The selected E-Poster can be viewed any time during the conference. A specific time slot will not be required.
Presence at the conference
Presence of the chief author, presenting author or the co-author of e-poster at the conference is not mandatory.
1. The Scientific Committee shall issue a certificate of presentation to all the authors of the e-poster which was displayed in the kiosk.
2. This certificate will be in the form of a tamper proof digitally signed PDF file which can be downloaded by logging in using the blue box of the scientific committee website
3. Certificates will be available on the website after 15 days from the date of the conference.
E-Poster on proceedings website
Your E-Poster shall be included into the website of the proceedings of the conference.
Authors of plagiarized abstracts shall be debarred from submitting abstracts for the next two years.