GUIDELINES FOR PHYSICAL POSTERS
PHYSICAL POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR AIOC OPENS ON 1st APRIL AND CLOSES ON 31st MAY
The Scientific Committee feels that Physical Posters are one of best ways to present your work. Apart from high visibility, it allows one to one interaction and collaboration.
Physical Posters are accepted in any of the following specialties
- Community / Social Ophthalmology
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Diabetic Retinopathy and Medical Retina
- External Disease
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Ocular Pathology , Ocular Oncology and Tumors
- Optics / Refraction / Contact Lens
- Orbit & Oculoplasty
- Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo Retinal Diseases
* The Scientific Committee has start accepting abstracts for “Ocular Oncology & Tumors” for AIOC 2019 (Refer specialty no.10 above)
* Owing to very poor response, two sections have been removed
- – Inflammation
- – Ophthalmic Education, Epidemiology & Prevention of Blindness
Further, subject of “Inflammation” is not “Subject-Specific” & Ophthalmic Education, Epidemiology & Prevention of Blindness can be covered under Community / Social Ophthalmology or Comprehensive Ophthalmology
1. The author will have an option to convey his/her preference between e-poster or physical poster while submitting the abstract
2. Abstracts are to be submitted online only. No abstracts shall be accepted as a email, Fax, Hard copies etc.
3. Scientific E-Posters, in general, have the following characteristics
- Are presented by individuals rather than by organizations
- Present scientific material, usually new information
- Do not solicit members, or promote an organization
4. Each PRESENTING AUTHOR can submit 2 Physical Posters out of which 1 can get selected based on the evaluation scores.
5. Not more than 3 co-authors are allowed in a Physical Poster.
6. All authors should be members of AIOS. (Either ratified or non-ratified). Each author must have contributed to the scientific part of the poster submitted.
7. Non-ophthalmic co-authors can be included (if relevant) & they can be non–members. However, atleast one author should be a ratified member of AIOS.
8. Ophthalmic authors who are non-members of AIOS should become a member of AIOS to be an author of the physical poster. Visit www.aios.org to become a member.
9. To include non-ophthalmic authors, who are non-members of AIOS, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org ( with CC to email@example.com ) along with details of the course, name of the author, his/her complete address, valid email id and mobile number
10. The presenting author must be a ratified member of AIOS (till Membership number 22430).
11. If presenting author is not a ratified member, the paper can be presented by the Co-author BUT will not be considered for evaluation of any AIOS award. All Physical Poster awards will be given to the presenting author only.
12. Institution / hospital affiliation and doctor’s name in the title or abstract should not be mentioned and will lead to automatic rejection.
How many authors a physical poster can have?
1. A physical poster can have one presenting author and upto 3 co-authors. (4 authors in total)
2. One of the above 4 authors can be the presenting author of the poster.
3. Atleast one of the 4 authors should be a ratified member of AIOS.
The abstracts will undergo evaluation by Screening Committee. A total of 360 posters will be selected for display based on the scores secured in the evaluation. Intimation of selection will be conveyed to the presenting author by way of an email.
Upload a ppt
Once your poster is selected, a ppt of your poster has to be sent to the scientific committee ( at firstname.lastname@example.org CC to email@example.com ) for inclusion of your poster in proceedings. Non-submission of ppt shall lead to automatic rejection of poster and the next in line poster shall be selected.
1. There will be a best poster award each for specialty. In total, 18 awards are to be won.
2. The winner of the best poster of each specialty will get
- Free registration for the next annual conference of AIOS
- Travel grant of up to Rs.10,000/- (Courtesy – CIPLA) for attending the conference and displaying the poster again in the ‘winning posters’ area.
- The best poster winner shall be felicitated during the awards ceremony in the next conference.
3. The registration for the next annual conference shall be done by the scientific committee with prior intimation to the presenting authors
4. The travel grant can be availed by the presenting authors from the scientific committee office (at the venue of the next conference) upon producing the copy of proof of travel, ( Travel tickets / Boarding Pass etc. ) of the journey to the conference and by displaying the poster again in the “winning posters” area.
5. The best of the 18 best posters shall win the coveted E.T.Selvam Award.
6. A colour photograph of the presenting author of the best poster shall be sent to the scientific committee (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) for inclusion in the scientific committee website.
Only the title and the authors name shall be printed in the abstract book.
The title of the course SHOULD NOT exceed 100 characters (including spaces).
The Synopsis SHOULD NOT exceed 1000 characters (including spaces).
Add Presenting Author
Atleast one presenting author should be added. The chief author himself / herself can be a presenting author. It is the duty of the chief author to get consent from the presenting author before adding his/her name. The presenting author should be a member of AIOS
A maximum of three co-authors can be added. If there are no co-authors, add the chief / presenting author itself as a co-author. All co-authors should be a member of AIOS.
Declaration to be provided:
The following points has to be declared while submitted the abstract
- Whether the research has been carried out in india. Was this research carried out in India ?
- Was this submission been presented in any other conference earlier.
- Would this submission be presented in any other conferences prior to the upcoming annual conference of AIOS.
- Has this submission won any National / International Award.
- Was this submission published or submitted for publication in any peer reviewed journal.
- Does this paper pertain to Laboratory research ( Translational research ).
Poster Preparation Guideline
Once your physical poster is selected, the following guideline has to be adhered to display in the conference venue.
Use large print and shade or color block letters when possible. For legibility, a minimum font size of 28 points and a maximum of 600 words are recommended. Fully disclose all commercial relationships relevant to the subject matter.
The dimension of the poster shall be intimated to the authors upon selection of the posters
Author names to be added
The poster shall contain the names of all the authors (Chief, presenting and co-authors) of the poster.
When to display your physical Poster?
All physical posters should be displayed on or before the 11 AM of the first day of the conference. The poster panels will be available for you to display your poster one day before the conference.
How to display?
Poster boards (Pin Boards) to put up the posters and thumb pins will be available at the poster panel area. No sticking tapes to be used.
How to identify your physical poster display panel?
You will get an email containing the poster panel number and location to be displayed prior to the conference.
The poster panel will have your poster number and the title of your presentation displayed on it for you to identify your panel.
Volunteers will be available at your service at the panel area to assist you in finding your panel.
Interaction with the delegates:
Physical poster presentation provides a great opportunity for you to interact with the delegates. Display the date and time of your availability near your physical poster so that the delegates can come and interact with you. Your availability of at least of 1:30 hours on each day is recommended.
1. The judgment of Physical Posters will be done on Day 3 by a panel of Experts.
2. The Presenting author (preferable) or a co-author will need to be present next to their poster during the judging session. The judging session time will be intimated to the presenting author by email.
Absence of presenting author while judgement
1. It is mandatory that the presenting author of the poster is present near the poster during the poster judgment.
2. For any unavoidable reason, if the presenting author is unable to be present near the poster during the judgment, it is imperative that either the chief author of the co-author should be present near the poster at the time of judgment.
3. The name of the author who is present near the poster should have been printed on the poster. Else, it shall be considered that the author is absent during the judgement.
4. If the author is not present at the time of judging, marks shall not be provided by the judge and the poster shall become ineligible to contest for an award and certificate shall not issued to the authors of the poster.
Removal of physical Posters
The Posters should be removed after 11:00 am on the fourth day of the conference. Nobody will be responsible for care / damage to posters after that.
1. The Scientific Committee shall issue a certificate of presentation to all the authors of the physical poster which was displayed during the conference.
2. This certificate will be in the form of a tamper proof digitally signed PDF file which can be downloaded by logging in using the blue box of the scientific committee website
3. Certificates will be available on the website after 15 days from the date of the conference.
Authors of plagiarized abstracts shall be debarred from submitting abstracts for the next two years.